APPS parents help run the classroom, maintain the school, and serve on the Board and committees. Parent participation makes this school great, and forms a tight community of parents working together to raise all children in a supportive, loving environment.
Our requirements are designed to keep the school running smoothly, and to spread the workload around in an equitable manner.
Overview of family financial and participation responsibilities
Additional details are available on the member website and in the Parent Agreement for your class, which is one of our registration forms.
Financial Information for 2020-21
Fees are subject to change. Schedules may adjust if child starts school later in the year.
Application Fee (Non-Refundable, All Classes)
Due with application form.
$50.00 per family for processing & class place-hold.
Annual Deposit Fee (Non-Refundable, Required for 2-Day, 3-Day and 4-Day classes)
$250 for the first child
Subsequent children are $75 each.
Due with registration forms and before child’s first day of class.
Due on the first of each month.
1-Day: $95 / month (Class not available)
2-Day: $210 / month
3-Day: $300 / month
4-Day: $375 / month
- Discounts available for families with more than one child in school.
- First month’s tuition due in September, or at school start. Fees will be pro-rated for families starting later in the year.
- Half of last month’s tuition is due WITH November tuition on November 1st.
- Questions? Check with our Membership Chair
Family Time Requirements for 1-Day Class
Note: This class is not available in 2020-21 due to COVID-19
- A family member is required to stay during class. This is not a drop-off program.
- After class, clean up an assigned “station”.
- When assigned by the teacher, attend a parent/teacher conference.
- Attend the October General Meeting
Family Time Requirements for 2-Day, 3-Day and 4-Day Classes
Note: There will be adjustments in the class schedules and class requirements for 2020-21 due to COVID-19. These are not yet finalized.
- Attend the Saturday orientation workshop in August (new families and 4-day families).
- Attend your Ease-In Day with your child before regular school begins in September.
- Classroom: A parent/caregiver participates one(1) day/week in class/per child. Attend a 30-min. parent conference with the teacher at the end of class on your assigned workday.
- Be available to work a scheduled emergency day in the class if necessary (other than your scheduled work day).
- General Meetings: Attend a minimum of eight (8) general meetings held on the first Thursday evening of every month, September to May.
- Fundraising: One (1) hour participation in a fundraising event.
- Maintenance: Each member must attend
- one (1) weekend inside or outside “beautification day” (4-hour commitment) and
- one (1) weekend maintenance day (3 participation hours) caring for the yard.
- Committee/Participation hours:
- Volunteer for one committee per year/per child.
- Complete a total of 18 participation hours per year in Committee hours or other participation duties.
Families with more than one child enrolled may work with the Board when determining how to meet the requirements.