APPS parents help run the classroom, maintain the school, and serve on the Board and committees. Parent participation makes this school great, and forms a tight community of parents working together to raise all children in a supportive, loving environment.
Our requirements are designed to keep the school running smoothly, and to spread the workload around in an equitable manner.
Overview of family financial and participation responsibilities
Additional details are available on the member website and in the Parent Agreement for your class, which is one of our registration forms.
Financial Information for 2019-2020
Fees are subject to change.
Application Fee (Non-Refundable, All Classes)
Due with application form.
$50.00 per family for processing & class place-hold.
Enrollment Fee (2-Day, 3-Day, 4-Day)
$80.00 per child for insurance.
Due within 30 days of acceptance, or on first day of class, whichever is sooner. Not refundable after July 15.
Materials Fee (2-Day, 3-Day, 4-Day)
$125.00 per family for additional curriculum purchases not supported by tuition or fundraising.
Due on December 1.
Fundraising Donation (2-Day, 3-Day, 4-Day)
$50.00 VALUE per family. Can be cash, goods or services valued at $50 for fundraising auction or raffle.
Due on November 1.
Due on the first of each month.
1-Day: $95 / month
2-Day: $210 / month
3-Day: $300 / month
4-Day: $375 / month
- Discounts available for families with more than one child in school.
- First and last month’s tuition due in September, or at school start. Fees will be pro-rated for families starting later in the year.
- Questions? Check with our Membership Chair
Family Time Requirements for 1-Day Class
- A family member is required to stay during class. This is not a drop-off program.
- After class, clean up an assigned “station”.
- When assigned by the teacher, attend a parent/teacher conference.
- Attend the October General Meeting
Family Time Requirements for 2-Day, 3-Day and 4-Day Classes
- Attend the Saturday orientation workshop in August (new families and 4-day families).
- Attend your Ease-In Day with your child before regular school begins in September.
- Classroom: A parent/caregiver participates one(1) day/week in class/per child. Attend a 30-min. parent conference with the teacher at the end of class on your assigned workday.
- Be available to work a scheduled emergency day in the class if necessary (other than your scheduled work day).
- General Meetings: Attend a minimum of eight (8) general meetings held on the first Thursday evening of every month, September to May.
- Fundraising: One (1) hour participation in a fundraising event.
- Committee hours: Volunteer for one committee per year/per child. Complete participation hours for that committee, on or off campus, as assigned by the Committee Chairperson.
- Maintenance: Each member must attend one (1) weekend inside or outside “beautification day” (4-hour commitment) and one (1) weekend maintenance day (3 participation hours) caring for the yard.
- Participation hours: Complete a total of 27 participation hours per year in Committee hours and Weekend Maintenance Day (which counts as 3 participation hours).
Families with more than one child enrolled may work with the Board when determining how to meet the requirements.