For our 2-, 3- and 5-Day classes, parents participate in class one class per week (per child enrolled). On other class days, parents are welcome to to drop off and enjoy their free time (or stay in class and spend extra time with their child).
APPS is a parent participation (co-op) pre-school. Please be sure to read our participation requirements at the bottom of this page.
APPS does not require children to be potty trained to begin their pre-school experience. We support families in any stage of potty readiness with a diaper changing station and easily accessible restrooms. A teacher will change your child’s diaper if you are not available. Spare clothing is provided if an accident happens.
Note: The age ranges below are guidelines. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the teachers and the Board.
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 9:00 – 11:30 am
Age (by Sep. 1 of school year): 2 yr to 3 yr 6 mo
In our 2-day class, preschoolers expand their experience, with the teacher and parents working together to make learning fun and enjoyable. Children have the opportunity to play indoors and outdoors. In addition to free play, in each session there are snack and group circle times. Children are encouraged to participate in art, science, cooking projects and field trips.
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays, 9:00 – 11:30 am
Age (by Sep. 1 of school year): 3 yr to 5 yr
For our 3-day class, the teacher and parents focus on facilitating the development of important social skills. In the midst of learning about friendships and resolving conflicts, we have fun exploring areas such as music, storytelling, scientific concepts, creative arts, cooking, number activities, and physical play. We gather together for circle times and snack, and go out into the world on class field trips.
Pre-K / 5-Day Class
Monday through Friday, 12:30 – 3:00 pm
Age (by Sep. 1 of school year): 3 yr to 5 yr
The Pre-K/5-day class focuses on the developmental and academic needs of children who will be going on to Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten. Children are introduced to concepts such as “show and tell”, storytelling, beginning math and printing skills, indoor play-based theme stations and small group work. They’re encouraged to participate in art, science, music, cooking, dramatic play, and gross and fine motor activities.
Tuition and Fees
Application Fee (for any class):
- $50 (plus credit card service fee)
2 Day Class:
- Annual Fee: $200
- Monthly Tuition: $275
3 Day Class
- Annual Fee: $300
- Monthly Tuition: $375
5 Day Class
- Annual Fee: $400
- Monthly Tuition: $600
Notes on Tuition & Fees
- Application Fee is due with the application form, and is non-refundable and non-transferable. The fee is per family per school year, regardless of the number of children you’re enrolling.
- Annual Fee is non-refundable after September 1, and is due with Registration / Enrollment Forms before your child starts class. It is non-transferable. It includes insurance, materials and other miscellaneous expenses.
- Siblings are eligible for a discounted Annual Fee ($75), applied to the lower amount owed. (For example, if a family has one child in 2-Day and another child in 3-Day, then the family will pay the full Annual Fee for the 3-Day class, and $75 for the sibling in 2-Day class.)
- Siblings receive a 20% tuition discount, applied to the lower tuition amount owed. (If a family has one child in Early Explorers and one child in 3-3-Day, then the 20% discount will be applied to the Early Explorers tuition.)
- Full-year tuition paid in full will receive a 5% discount. Full-year tuition payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Tuition and fees are subject to change.
APPS is a parent participation (co-op) pre-school. We as a community work together to make APPS the wonderful place it is. Over the course of the school year, families are required to fulfill the following participation obligations:
- Attend Orientation and attend class on your “work day” during Ease-In Week at the beginning of the school year.
- Participate in your child’s classroom one day per week, per child, and attend a 30-minute parent conference with the teacher at the end of class on assigned work day.
- For 5-Day Class, parents/caregivers are also asked to be available to work a second day, as an emergency backup, every few weeks in the event that another parent cannot be present on their regular work day. This ensures that the class maintains an adequate adult-to-child ratio even when a working parent is unexpectedly absent. (Hardship exemptions will be reviewed by the Board.)
- Attend one of three scheduled “Beautification Days” to help maintain school facilities. (Usually held on a Saturday, 9 am – 1 pm.)
- Attend one “Yard Maintenance Weekend”. On your selected/assigned weekend, you (& your family, if desired) can complete the assigned yard maintenance work any time during the hours campus is open — Saturday 9 am – 5 pm OR Sunday 3 pm – 5 pm. The time commitment is about 2 hours.
- Attend monthly General Meetings (typically held the first Thursday evening of each month).
- Participate in a committee to support school operation and maintenance. Each family will spend approximately 2 hours a month (not during your workday time) assisting in your assigned committee. One of these hours (per school year) will be spent working as a volunteer at our fundraiser event.
Participating family members may be parents, grandparents and/or other caregivers & adult family members.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our participation requirements.