APPS parents help run the classroom, maintain the school, and serve on the Board and committees. Parent participation makes this school great, and forms a tight community of parents working together to raise all children in a supportive, loving environment.
Our requirements are designed to keep the school running smoothly, and to spread the workload around in an equitable manner.
Tuition and Fee Information
Fees are subject to change. Schedules may adjust if a child starts school later in the year.
The tuition and fees shown below are for 2022-2023.
Application Fee (all classes): $50, due with application
This non-refundable annual fee is per family, per school year. If you paid the fee for 2021-22, you do not need to pay again for this year. Everyone applying for 2022-2023 will need to pay the fee.
The Annual Deposit Fee is non-refundable, and due before classes start in the fall, or before your child starts class if you join later in the year. It includes insurance, materials and other miscellaneous expenses.
- Tuition: $100/month
- Tuition: $225
- Annual Deposit Fee (first child): $250
- Tuition: $325
- Annual Deposit Fee (first child): $275
- Tuition: $425
- Annual Deposit Fee (first child): $300
Discounts and Notes:
- Siblings receive a 20% tuition discount, applied to the lower tuition amount owed
- The annual deposit fee for siblings is $75.
- Full-year tuition paid in full will receive a 5% discount.
- PayPal processing fees will be added to these amounts when your card is charged.
- Questions? Check with our Membership Chair
Families with more than one child enrolled may work with the Board when determining how to meet the requirements.
Early Explorers (1-Day Class)
- A family member is required to stay during class. This is not a drop-off program.
- After class, clean up an assigned “station”.
- When assigned by the teacher, attend a parent/teacher conference.
- Attend the two General Meetings that have Parent Education topics. These are usually in October and April, on the first Thursday evening of the month.
2-Day, 3-Day and 4-Day Classes
APPS is a Parent Participation Preschool. This means that we as a community work together to make APPS the wonderful place it is. Over the course of the year, families are required to fulfill the following participation obligations:
- Attend Orientation on your workday during Ease-In Week
- Participate in your child’s classroom one day per week, and attend the parent conference at the end of class, as scheduled.
- Attend ONE of three “Beautification Parties,” as scheduled
- Attend ONE “Yard Maintenance Weekend”
- Participate in ONE fundraising event
- Attend monthly General Meetings (first Thursday of each month)
- Assist with classroom and curriculum committees, as needed